Wednesday 21 March 2018

CINEMA REBORN - Facebook testimonials from cinephiles and some emails plus a request for some community spirit to develop among interstate visitors

Michael Jasper
The title of the Coppola film ONE FROM THE HEART could be the subtitle of this remarkable weekend of delights. An impressive variety of important international works and keeping the Bologna ideal of celebrating great moments of extremely hard to see landmarks in local cinema. Congratulations.
Adrian Martin
SYDNEY FRIENDS FILM-CULTURAL ALERT! An absolutely stupendous new Film Festival event called CINEMA REBORN, spearheaded by the redoubtable Geoffrey Gardner, will unfold in MAY 3 to 7. Rare and/or restored Campion, Ozu, Corinne Cantrill, Parajanov, film noir, Ophüls, YACKETY YACK, Fassbinder, BETWEEN WARS … it is fantastic!! There are talk sessions, introductions, excellent notes by various luminaries on the website. BOOK NOW and make this amazing initiative a regular event!!
Gary Couzens
That’s what I call a lineup – pity I’m halfway round the world. I’ve not only not seen Yackety Yak I’m pretty certain I’ve never had an opportunity to see it in the UK. The DCP of 2 Friends is showing at the BFI Southbank in London tomorrow and (weather permitting) I’m seeing it. Also interested to know that the BFI National Archive has a 35mm print of Between Wars – I have no memory of the BFI Southbank/NFT ever showing it, and as far as I’m aware it was only distributed in 16mm in the UK.

Steve Gaunson

I highly recommend anyone in Sydney to get along to this tremendous program featuring some rare Oz gems such as YACKETY YACK (1974). Terrific selection of world cinema movies also.

Tim McQueen
Incredibly keen to make the journey south for this 👌 What a phenomenal line-up!!

Tom Ryan
A great bit of programming.

Andrew Cheng
Congratulations for the Festival, Jeff.

Harumi Takagi

This is sure exciting and I can’t wait to see what’s on the program :) 

Bob Thomson
I have bought tickets for the full 3-7 May program and need to travel from Brisbane and find accommodation. Whilst I can arrange this myself, I would prefer to share costs and common interests with others.  If you know of anyone interested please pass on my request.

As a recovering cinefile since the 70s and 80s NFTA I greatly appreciate your comprehensive blog.

Thanks for your advice.


Bob Thomson 0414369695

Teri Garr, Raul Julia, One from the Heart (Francis Coppola, USA, 1982)
screens Saturday 5 May at 7.30 pm, CINEMA REBORN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.