Wednesday 6 July 2016

Bologna Diary (15) - Postscript - Neil McGlone's Highlights Reel

Here's mine Mr G:

THE GOOD FAIRY (William Wyler, USA, 1935)- it may have been directed by Wyler, but it's Preston Sturges screenplay that steals the show. One of the best discoveries for me from Dave Kehr's excellent (Universal/Laemmle Jr) strand














RENDEZ-VOUS DE JUILLET - Becker pre-empts the nouvelle vague by 20+ years with this hip, cool movie and a cracking jazz score too.





























SINGIN' IN THE RAIN - shamefully I'd not seen it before and what better place to make it my first time in Bologna from a beautiful Technicolor print from Mr Scorsese's personal archive. There's a song in my heart and I'm ready for love! Toe-tappingly wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.