Friday 4 January 2019

Vale Ringo Lam - Barrie Pattison's memoir and a poster gallery of Lam's key films

Sad to hear of the death of Ringo Lam. I enjoyed his films, particularly Wild Search/Ban wo chuang tian ya (1989)Xia dao Gao Fei/Full Contact  (1992) (high Cho Yun-fat) and the ferocious Huo shao hong lian si/Burning Paradise 1994 and I liked him and got a nice Fatal Visions interview out of him. 

His career was just taking off at the time I made it to Hong Kong. One thing I remembered was that their movies misrepresented the place, with the action taking place in streets empty of pedestrians - something I never saw day or night. I pointed this out to him and he said "Wait till you see my next one!" and sure enough School on Fire/Hok hau fung wan 1988. was the first film I saw address that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.